Lal Qila




This was my first time trying Pakistani cuisine. I've heard strong recommendations about this restaurant from a friend so we decided to give it a try.
I was told their kebabs were one of the most popular items. In addition to this, we ordered an appetiser and a side.

The appetiser arrived fairly quick. I was amazed at just how delicious it tasted! It was a combination of spinach, lentils, potato, puffed rice, nuts, raisins and finally, topped with yoghurt, tamarind and mint. The combination of sweet, sour and chilli was absolutely beautiful. There was so much flavour and crunch in this dish. I could've left this restaurant happily without trying anything else!



Lahori Chatkhare ($11.9)



Bihari kebab ($16.9)


The Bihari kebab came next, I've heard of many places that don't make it the right way (either use minced meat as a shortcut or don't marinate it enough). This however, was done really well. The meat was so soft that it almost broke while transferring to another plate. It was very soft and succulent. The meat melted in your mouth without you having to do much chewing!


Lazeez Keema Naan ($4.5)

There was also the kheema naan, it was probably my least favourite. It was hard to chew and slightly burnt. But I didn't mind as I was overly satisfied with the two dishes.

Overall, we loved it! I'll definitely remember this place for the chatkhare and kebab. Those are the two things I'd come back for!


Lal Qila Restautant 
351-353 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills
NSW 2010
http://www.lalqila.com.au

Popular posts from this blog

International Congress of Behavioural Medicine | Melbourne

Last day of uni (Black Star Pastry + Grill'd)

Black Star Pastry (Strawberry Watermelon Cake)

(Un) Organised October

Marvellous May

Mad March

Dynamic Duo December

Five things I love about being a dietitian

Bodhi Restaurant/Bar (vegan) + Le Pain Quotidien