Father's Day 2016



Happy Father’s Day! I’m going to follow the trend from last year and write another open letter-

Dearest daddy,
I cannot say enough to thank you. Everything I have become today is from the great guidance you have provided me. I don’t know how you did it- raising a teenager + having a full-time job + running the household. I’ve never thought of it from this angle because I had always been focused on studying. But ever since I started work this year, I have gained the insight to what it’s like to be working in a full-time role in the real world. It is so much harder than I ever imagined. I have no idea how you did it with the amount of responsibilities that came with your job. I have always tried to appreciate everything you have done for me but after getting a taste of full-time work this year, I have learnt to respect you at a whole new level! 

I have no idea how you can be so selfless, it’s probably something I will never fully understand. I can’t possibly comprehend how difficult it would’ve been for you to have a long busy day at work, then coming home from work and looking after a crazy teenager, lending a hand with her homework or assignments, and be the sole person to manage the home. You are a true superhero in my eyes because you are always there to rescue me whenever I come across a bump on the road. You are always one-step ahead of me; you know how to get ahead of me and you know when to pick me up on a cushion to comfort me. You are my strength and weakness. I’m truly blessed to have someone like you to lookout for me.  I honestly don’t know what I would do without you; I would barely know how to function! I’m truly blessed to have a father like you to guide me in this journey called life. I hope I can show you just how much you mean to me this Father’s Day.

Love you always and forever,
From your little girl xo


Father's Day bake: Peach and raspberry flan
Recipe: Australian Healthy Food Guide Magazine (February 2016)




Popular posts from this blog

International Congress of Behavioural Medicine | Melbourne

Black Star Pastry (Strawberry Watermelon Cake)

Last day of uni (Black Star Pastry + Grill'd)

Fast February

Parramatta Lanes

Oatmeal omelette

Marvellous May

Holiday cooking (Part 1)

Five things I love about being a dietitian